The Perfect Roast Potatoes
Most people love crispy roast potatoes served with their traditional Christmas dinner.
Here’s some tips on how to get delicious roast potatoes, crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside.
Set oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
- Peel and cut floury potatoes (such as rooster) into even sizes.
- Par-boil for approx 8-9 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well, and give them a good shake in the pot with the lid on.
- Heat some olive oil (or beef, goose or duck fat) on the baking tray.
- Place the potatoes on the hot tray and toss in the oil.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and roast for approx 50 minutes until crispy, turning once or twice during that time, to get them crispy on all sides.
- You can add gloves of garlic, rosemary, shallots or lemon zest before roasting for extra flavour. Or add some thyme leaves or chopped flat leaf parsley before serving.